Monday, March 3, 2008

The March 4th primaries

Here is a sample of the spin the Irish and American ex-pats get over here in Ireland. Following is a quote from an half page political analysis piece speculating about Hillary's chances for a "Third Lazarus-like rebound" that ran in the Weekend Irish Times and was written by their Washington correspondent, Denis Staunton:



" She was counted out before New Hampshire and again ahead of Super Tuesday, when polls predicted huge losses in key states including California, Massachusetts and New Jersey. Clinton won all those states slowing Barack Obama's march towards the nomination."



EXCUSE ME PLEASE! Did anyone else in the US see the polls Denis is refering to. The ones that predicted HUGE LOSSES FOR CLINTON IN CALIFORNIA, MASSACHUSETTS AND NEW JERSEY. Hillary likes to complain about media bias but believe you me, she doesn't have a clue what true media bias is really like.



Anywho I plan to mention Denis's LACK of credible polling analysis when I am on the air from 10-12noon on Ireland's national radio broadcaster RTE Radio 1's Today with Pat Kenny tommorow in a preview of Tuesday's primary for the folks here in Ireland.

Here is the link if you want to listen http://www.rte.ie/radio1/todaywithpatkenny/



The show is on at 10am GMT which is 5 hours ahead of New York and 6 hours ahead of Dallas time so try the podcast if thats too early for ya. I have also done my part by voting absentee for Barack in the Texas Democratic primary. First time ever to vote in a Democratic primary so this joins the list of things I swore I would never do, but have.



BTW In my newspaper column last Thursday and on the radio tommorow, I am predicting a win for Barack in Texas and Vermont and a close finish if he doesn't win in Ohio and Rhode Island. I am also predicting that he widens his delegate lead over Clinton when all the votes are in even if Hillary does win Ohio and Rhode Island.



Now lets get out the vote and make my predictions stand up. Go Barack Obama!



charles

No comments: